Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hellboy Day

Apparently today was "Hellboy Day" with comics retailers who chose to participate in the little event - a week early for the movie, but it coincides with the release of issue 1 of "The Crooked Man." What "Hellboy Day" means is buyers of Hellboy TPBs (at least James played it this way) got free stuff - a poster, a comic with three very short story-like tales, and a bookmark. I like the bookmark. I actually got my free stuff last week when I bought the trade of "Lobster Johnson: The Iron Prometheus," but wanted to get another bookmark or two this week. Crap. I forgot. I also forgot to get my two comics longboxes, dammit.

BUT, I did buy the following trades of B.P.R.D.:
Plague of Frogs
The Dead
The Black Flame
The Universal Machine
Garden of Souls
Killing Ground

James has yet to get his reorders for the first and second trades, so I'll be getting those as and when they come in. These are in addition to the aforementioned Lobster Johnson solo trade, and the luxuriously wonderful library edition hardcover of Hellboy, collecting Seed of Destruction (yes, for which this blog is named) and Wake the Devil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. The last time I wrote blogs of this magnitude was (the other time) I'd broken up with my ex.